Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 04-11-2018, 22:39   #16
Lazy-Ferret
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

We have just got back from a week in the New Forrest with the caravan.

This may sound a bit childish, but I have always loved the film "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and have to say it is my favourite film ever, so for my Birthday, Suz got tickets to see the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang exhibition at Beaulieu.

We had a great time, as expected, and Beaulieu was fantastic. The cars are out of this world, and I was surprised to see, as you enter the Motor Museum, there are some videos projected onto screens, showing highlights of the history of the motor car, and the featured off roader, is believe it or not, a LWB Maverick running through the mud, take that LR.

The Chitty part was so good, giving you an insight into the filming, and loads of information about the cars used, plus some of the racing cars thought to have inspired the name, one of which later became known as Babs of Pendine sands fame.

They also have some of the world record holders of speed, including Blue Bird, and Golden Arrow, plus the fastest Steam car. What gets you about these is the size of them, huge...

We got to spend 2 days there, which is only just enough to see all they have on offer. The "Top Gear" exhibition is good, and getting to see close up some of the cars they have er.. modified, shows what a bunch of bodge merchants Clarkson and co were...

As expected we took our little monsters away with us, and for the kits, it was a baptism of fire, as they got to experience not only long car rides, but staying in the caravan as well... As we have come to expect, nothing phases them, and they took it in their stride.

Here are some short of videos of them,

The first is when they found the toy box.

The next is when they discovered how to make Suz dance..

the last is when I screwed up the crisp packet and they stole it to play with.

They got to walk on leads,

and in between all this, they passed out cold and gave the best little cuddles.

This was little Toffee chasing bunnies in her sleep..

They also discovered Suz's home made Strawberry Cheesecake!!!

Over the week, we take all of them out for walks, which they all love. This is Snicker, he is about 9 years old, and blind, but using his sense of smell, and us using the lead to gently guide him, loves his walks. Here he is checking out an interesting tree.

Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 22:47   #17
jims-terrano

Ahh playful little animals
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 23:36   #18
johnb5177

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Hell fire Clive........so damn cute........stop it (no don't you dare)......what great little furballs.....
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 23:38   #19
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Good job Suz has thick socks on, great vids Clive and credit to you both for giving them the best home they could have, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:49   #20
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs up The cutest looking Furbees !

Great Videos !
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 13:32   #21
RobN

Vehicle: 02 3.0 SVE SWB
Thumbs up Thanks

This thread is the best
I have ups and downs (serotonin brain soup); this thread has lifted me up immensely . I will never look at muddy covered macho 4x4 owners in the same light again. There is a similar thing with RN matelot, on a "Run Ashore" they are either drunk in the red light district or building animal shelters and schools.

Animals give so much and ask so little in return, a handfull of seed will bring so many birds to entertain you (careful with the ferrets ). A "Cat scan" or "Lab test" can help so much.

My wife is a Vets receptionist and comes home with many sad but also many funny stories and one cat. We have had the normal Goldfish, Guinea pigs, Cocker Spaniels, Budgies, Finches etc and hope to have many more. Might even volunteer at the Seal Sanctuary when I retire (They brought a penguin into my wife's work the other day, I am worried because Penguins don't look anything like a Seal.

All the best, remember the joy and good times, appreciate the newbies.

Rob
RobN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 14:16   #22
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Glad to put a smile on so many faces, fortunately they do that for us practically every time they surface from a sleep.

We also feed the Birds, but we have high level feeders for the birds, out of ferret reach...

This does not stop the Pigeons from walking all over the lawn, and the Magpies from playing with the ferrets though.

For some reason, the ferrets completely ignore the pigeons most of the time, although occasionally when they consider they the pigeons are taking the mickey, they will run in to the middle of them and dance when all the pigeons fly off.

The Magpies on the other hand taunt the ferrets, and will spend ages playing with them, especially the young magpies, who I swear use the ferrets to hone their skills.

Here is a video of Bourneville chasing one. Sorry for the quality it was taken from one of the security cameras, and the Sun was low.

Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote