Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2019, 14:20   #1
Jay666d
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Patrol GU3 (Y61) 3.0 SVE
Default ZD30 - Limp.

I feel like the heading to this thread is more of a statement!

But I have a query/issue that I just don't know the answer too.... And I haven't been able to solve the issue with my Dawes Valve.

Let me set the scene:

In the morning I get in the truck to head of to work. I drive down my road which is a mile long 1st at 20mph, then it turns to 30mph, then to for the last 200 yards leading up to a T-Junction it's national speed limit. (I achieve around 50mph before I have to slow for a bend and then the junction right after.)

I wait at the junction for my time to pull out and when I do, this is where the problem happens.

The Truck is Auto, so it takes care of the gears. As it builds up speed and gets to about 40-45mph and the revs get to about 2500rpm up I'm at around 16psi of boost (Limited by the Dawes to 17psi) all of a sudden progression is halted!

I can keep my foot where it is and I will maintain the exact speed, like its hit a limiter or I can briefly ease off the accelerator, let the revs drop away put my foot back down and carry on gaining speed. (Every now and again, when I ease off and back on again, it might repeat the limiting process... But never more than twice in a row!)

If this is 'Limp Mode' then I thought setting the Dawes to 17psi would eliminate this? As I understand, the ZD30 usually creates 18psi and sometime spikes which causes the Limp Mode to kick in?

So this has me baffled... Any help would be appreciated.
Jay666d is offline   Reply With Quote