Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items. > E-Bay Items only

E-Bay Items only Please post E-bay items only in here.

Old 09-02-2018, 13:10   #1
Thomas61
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano but now Honda CRV
Default Nissan Terrano R3 R 2.7TD 4 WD

Hi,

Look at what's back on ebay. Any thoughts about snapping it back up this time macabethiel ??

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-TERR...356?nav=SEARCH
Thomas61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:01   #2
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation Nice but sticking with the Jeep now!

When I parted with her she had 110,500 km on the clock the MoT testers did not always show it as Km as they can.
The MoT history shows 172,639 in July 2017. The advert shows 110,500 miles so perhaps he has done some sort of conversion for the advert. The advisories are interesting when I parted with her the front wings were well rusted so not sure if they have been replaced (very expensive) or repaired.

In terms of mechanical reliability both have been very similar with no breakdowns. The Nissan had a couple of failures to start at home due to flat battery that turned out to be the rectifier pack in the alternator.

Both have had to have new suspension rubbers to the rear suspension so maintenance & service costs have been virtually identical in the first 3 years of ownership.

The main difference between the two vehicles is the ride & fuel economy.

The Jeep manages a good 5 mpg better average on local urban use. Currently 27.4 mpg over the last 11,000 miles. The Jeep will easily do 30-34 mpg on a run.

The Jeep ride at low speeds (10-25 mph) on poor roads is prehistoric by comparison its stone-age but we have got used to it. I suspect the rear aftermarket ARB is to blame.

When the Jeep comes up for replacement in another couple of years barring any major component failure I fancy a Patrol but finding a sensible mileage in my budget will be difficult. Same issue with a Volvo XC90 they all seem to be Starship mileage. Might have to be another Jeep G.C. as the later ones are much better
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote