Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 11-07-2014, 12:48   #1
brettgilbert77
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II 2.7 TDi
Default Need to Sell the Terrano now

After a recent run of bad luck I now have taken a new job with company car. I've had to move in with the girlfriend to a pokey little flat whilst my house is sold, but just fallen through so costing me a fortune. I don't have space to keep the truck, company car, girlfriends car and tools here so will need to get rid.
It's far from new and needs a bit of tidying up, but could be a good project for someone wanting to have a new toy.

It's a 1998 S reg SWB Nissan Terrano Salomon model, Manual box. This comes with the 2.7TDi engine. It's taxed until September 2014 (Tax rate is £126.50 6 months or £230.00 for 12 months). The MoT expires June 2015, so almost a years motoring to be had.

There are some advisories on the MoT this time, they are:

Nearside front upper suspension ball joint dust cover damaged, but preventing ingress of dirt
Centre clamp of the exhaust has a minor leak of gases (might just need tightening as the exhaust seems pretty good)
Offiside outer rear sill suspension component mounting corroded but not considered excessive
Nearside inner wheel arch liner insecure. (I removed the rubber liners from both arches for access, so these probably just need screwing back in)

It's done 137000 miles and runs fine on straight veg.

Since I've had it I've replaced the starter motor as it died whilst camping in Cornwall. I still have the old one if you wanted to refurbish it as a spare.
I've fixed one of the indicators as the previous owner had broken the connectors.
I've recently changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, Air filter and cabin filter.
I've repaired the heater blower resistor so the fan now works.

The spec of the car is:
Full leather interior in pretty good condition
Electric mirrors and windows
Air-con (although the belt has been removed, I have a replacement belt though)
Towbar with electrics, not tested
Rear work lights, activated by a switch on the dash.
2 x BFG Goodrich all terrains on the front which were pretty much new when I bought it. There's a mud terrain on the rear offside and a nail's stuck in the original which is now hanging on the back awaiting replacement. I think both back tyres could do with changing, then use the mud terrain as the spare.

Most of the body work is good, but the nearside wing looks like it's made of paper maché and the rear bumper looks like it's been bodged back together and could do with finishing off properly or replacing. Some of the panels are held on with cable ties in places and could do with tidying up, but should be relatively easy.
Oh, I replaced the two front ARB drop links, but one looks like it's failed already so I think the shocks could do with replacing. I've not had anyway to get this up in the air to have a proper look and now don't have time/space/tools to work on it.
The reverse light doesn't seem to work. I don't think it's just the bulb, possibly just crud in the switch on the box. Could be cleaned up, or replaced for about £15
I paid £700 for it a few months back with short MoT. I've now paid out for the tax Mot and a few repairs, so I was hoping to get somewhere near my money back. It runs well now and starts first time. It did have some air in the IP, which was readily resolved by Jules cracking open the injector unions. Hasn't caused any issues since.
I've got a couple of spare stereo's so can include one with the truck.
I'm now based in Axbridge, so any viewing or collection would need to be done down this way.
brettgilbert77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 20:11   #3
brettgilbert77

Shameless bump. Will pop an advert on Gumtree or eBay if no one wants it here.
Old 12-07-2014, 20:39   #4
terrano bob

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7tdi

give alexd333 a ring
terrano bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 21:44   #5
AlexD333

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 2.7 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrano bob View Post
give alexd333 a ring
Oyyy, it's got 2 too many bumpers for my liking
AlexD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 21:45   #6
terrano bob

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7tdi

terrano bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 10:52   #7
brettgilbert77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD333 View Post
Oyyy, it's got 2 too many bumpers for my liking
The back one looks like it'll fall off pretty easily and the front one's held on with cable ties. So problem solved.
Old 13-07-2014, 11:04   #8
cncfabs

Vehicle: terrano

Just up the road from me how much are you looking for it
cncfabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2014, 11:28   #9
AlexD333

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgilbert77 View Post
The back one looks like it'll fall off pretty easily and the front one's held on with cable ties. So problem solved.
Loving it

Go on, get a bargain!
Old 13-07-2014, 14:39   #10
brettgilbert77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncfabs View Post
Just up the road from me how much are you looking for it
Well, I was looking for around £700, but will take less to get it sold quickly. It does have almost a years Mot On it and Tax til September, so can be driven for a while yet.
Not sure how much these break for, but it's got reasonable alloys all round and 2 new BF Goodrich all terrains on two. Happy if you want to pop round and take a look at some point.
Old 18-07-2014, 16:10   #11
brettgilbert77

Have now put it on Gumtree

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...oil/1073823761

Still available to people on here for £550
Old 30-07-2014, 19:17   #12
brettgilbert77

Not much interest in this, might be on eBay soon then.
Old 19-08-2014, 23:53   #13
brettgilbert77

Managed to sell it to a guy who was really happy with it for £550.

That was a few weeks ago, then I got this email:

Two days ago my engine management light came on as the car turned into a tractor. I booked it in for today and am not happy at all. It is going to cost me a minimum of £900. You said that she was a good truck and that there was nothing wrong mechanically etc.

Steering o/s track end
Steering n/s drag link
Steering centre drag bar broken

N/s/r rusty (what you told me about)

Rear prop shaft is u/s (dangerous)

Front anti roll bar needs replacing

Link bushes (o/s missing)

Erg/air mass sensor depending which one it is.

I have been told that there is no way that this vehical could possibly pass an mot with the amount of damaged parts. It is an mot failure just for the bushes let alone a prop shaft that could break at any moment in time!!!

For an example...
My fiance drives this car and at speeds of 40mph or higher on the duels and the prop breaks it can dig into the road and flip the truck!!! I am fuming!!!

I want some or all of my money back. If you do not reply to this email I will meet you in person. If this is does not happen I will go to trading standards and take you to court as well as the garage who mot'd the vehical. The vehical you have sold me is unsafe/dangerous for the public highway and is not fit for purpose or as described.

I wait to hear for you reply.

Now, the Anti-roll bar needing replacing? really? Maybe drop links and bushes, but the bar?

Shouldn't imagine this is a MAF error (do they have them?) I expect this is air in the IP as I had that issue before and told him about it

Offside drop link bush missing. Told him about that, the drop links were replaced, but the offside one looked to have the rubber bush damaged shortly afterwards. These are what £10 each?

Not sure how he's got £900 to fix in mind.

I wouldn't sell I car I thought was unsafe, but then I'm going to end up having this back and selling it for parts to a breaker as I don't have time, or any need, to mess about with it.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:06   #14
jims-terrano

Not sure how you stand legally certainly you are not responsible for an MOT unless you are a professional tester yourself and put your name on certificate.

Are you a motor trader? If not then will trading standards be interested?

Morally if you told him it had faults and have proof such as a written receipt or advert then you have a clear conscience.

The bloke doesn't know how to spell vehicle.

He may of taken it to a garage and they've given him an inflated estimate for repair costs.

He's also threatened you "or I will meet you in person".

Carefull about giving him his money back as the registraction documents may be being processed in to his name so technically he's the owner.

I suspect he maybe pulling a fast one but you need to find out how you stand legally about unknowingly selling a vehicle with defects.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 06:16   #15
AlexD333

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
Not sure how you stand legally certainly you are not responsible for an MOT unless you are a professional tester yourself and put your name on certificate.

Are you a motor trader? If not then will trading standards be interested?

Morally if you told him it had faults and have proof such as a written receipt or advert then you have a clear conscience.

The bloke doesn't know how to spell vehicle.

He may of taken it to a garage and they've given him an inflated estimate for repair costs.

He's also threatened you "or I will meet you in person".

Carefull about giving him his money back as the registraction documents may be being processed in to his name so technically he's the owner.

I suspect he maybe pulling a fast one but you need to find out how you stand legally about unknowingly selling a vehicle with defects.
+1 on this dude, don't panic, you sold it in good faith, and all be it quit cheaply, terranos go for upto about £6,000

What did you actually say to him? And apart from that I guess it was just verbal right?

This is a lesson to all to make the buyer sign a "sold as seen" paper upon taking the vehicle away.

Now I must admit I don't like the way he's written this message, makes me suspect something, you never know what has been done to it, he might have taken it to devils pit for all you know and shagged it completely

If you want to give him a small amount of money back then so be it, but I would suggest to him it was sold in good faith, you are not a professional mot tester, nor is your name on one.