Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 20-08-2014, 19:31   #31
AlexD333
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 2.7 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
Personally I would simply explain that you have been in touch with Trading Standards and taken advice. Be polite but firm say that you have no responsibility and you have no obligation to give a refund in part or full and such will not be doing so. Refer him back to the original advert but do not give him a copy. Do not say "sorry" or give any kind of refund as this maybe looked upon as admitting liability. A straight no is the way to go.
Awesome, I like
AlexD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 20:06   #32
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

well, I agree with others, tell him to stick it. Cheeky arsehole, who does he think he is? his MOT mate has told him a ton of crap just because he doesn't want he car any more. Personally I'd tell him you'll buy it back off him for £400 since he has had two weeks to mess about with it.

Totally unreasonable, and he is acting like you are a trader, which you are not. If it were me, I'd accept it and move on. Its his OWN fault, not yours, this is just an example of the blame culture in this country, and he is simply trying it on, and how dare he use his wife as an excuse? He is in fantasy land also, so his mind has run away with him.

Tell him to get stuffed. Your MOT'r will be fine - this guy has no cause to contact Trading Standards about it, only you.

the idiot
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2014, 20:25   #33
AlexD333

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivvy View Post
well, I agree with others, tell him to stick it. Cheeky arsehole, who does he think he is? his MOT mate has told him a ton of crap just because he doesn't want he car any more. Personally I'd tell him you'll buy it back off him for £400 since he has had two weeks to mess about with it.

Totally unreasonable, and he is acting like you are a trader, which you are not. If it were me, I'd accept it and move on. Its his OWN fault, not yours, this is just an example of the blame culture in this country, and he is simply trying it on, and how dare he use his wife as an excuse? He is in fantasy land also, so his mind has run away with him.

Tell him to get stuffed. Your MOT'r will be fine - this guy has no cause to contact Trading Standards about it, only you.

the idiot
I like this even more! And if this doesent work out ive got one more idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (16.3 KB, 93 views)
Old 20-08-2014, 20:41   #34
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

He is totally out of order, and to my mind a scammer, let him go to trading standards you are a private individual not a trader, you sold it in good faith the fact the engine management light has come up is of no consequence, a component related to this can fail at any time, not your problem, as for the MOT it is only a guide to the vehicles road worthiness on the day, and from what I can see you informed him of all issues known to you, now he is complaining, but not from his own knowledge, but that of a garage that clearly does not know what it is talking about, tell him to go away happy, if you get my meaning, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 16:54   #35
brettgilbert77

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II 2.7 TDi

Well, I've done it now.

Got the car back from him and can't get above 30 mph without a downhill stretch and a long straight run. Engine management light is on.

The chap who wanted to give me £500 won't answer the phone, email or texts so pretty certain he's decided not to bother. A tad rude not to at least say he's changed his mind, but there you go.

Actually agreed to use it in PX with cash on a new car for the missus, a Panda 4x4, but she didn't like the test drive.

Drove away and the offside wiper stopped working. Have had to park up and leave it where it is until the rain stops.

Think I might keep it now as a project, get these few issues resolved and have it as a toy.

Need to replace rear propshaft UJ, windscreen wiper motor and MAF asap, anyone local got a MAF going cheap or that I can use to test it?
brettgilbert77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 19:23   #36
bry

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano MK 2 SE

Must be someone close by,that will help..
bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 19:50   #37
supergnome

Vehicle: T2, 2.7 TDI 2002 lwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
Must be someone close by,that will help..
LOOK in the mirror. You've had good advice and failed to take it. Sell it for scrap.
Sorry to be so brutal but you need a quick solution for your peace of mind. David.
supergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 19:58   #38
Sweety

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDI SE LWB

I would read the fault codes before fitting a new MAF as that might not be the problem the MAF on my last T2 was totally dead but it never brought up the MIL light
Sweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 20:05   #39
dave123

Vehicle: terrano 2 /2.7se tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettgilbert77 View Post
Well, I've done it now.

Got the car back from him and can't get above 30 mph without a downhill stretch and a long straight run. Engine management light is on.

The chap who wanted to give me £500 won't answer the phone, email or texts so pretty certain he's decided not to bother. A tad rude not to at least say he's changed his mind, but there you go.

Actually agreed to use it in PX with cash on a new car for the missus, a Panda 4x4, but she didn't like the test drive.

Drove away and the offside wiper stopped working. Have had to park up and leave it where it is until the rain stops.

Think I might keep it now as a project, get these few issues resolved and have it as a toy.

Need to replace rear propshaft UJ, windscreen wiper motor and MAF asap, anyone local got a MAF going cheap or that I can use to test it?
how do you know it wasn't a con to change parts from yours to another one . all the parts are easy to change over and then complain saying you sold a dud and wants his money back. saves him buying new parts ?
dave123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 20:17   #40
jims-terrano

So who was it that was lined up to buy it? Is it possible that was part of a scam?

Whats happened has happened and theres no point dwelling on the rights and wrongs. You need to move forward. Certainly the easiest way is to flog it for scrap and then there is no come back at all. You wont sell for a good price now what ever happens.

Read the fault codes and see what they say?

Did both wipers stop working or just the os? If so forget about the motor it'll probably be a linkage that has dropped off for some reason. Are you sure that a rear propshaft uj has gone? Cheap enough to buy new uj from Milners.

Good luck
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 21:47   #41
brettgilbert77

Well,

I wouldn't have thought the buyer I had lined up was any part of the scam as he came via here. It's a friend of Madmark called Ed.
I spoke to Ed White prior to agreeing to take back the terrano and he was absolutely keen. We went through everything I knew (and have now been told) is wrong with it and he was still keen, otherwise I would've gone back to the buyer and told him to stick it.

My main reservation about doing so was that the MoT tester could well have some busy body crawling over his workshop and that might upset him when I need future work doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmark View Post
If buy some means you end up with it back I text you about it on gumtree and my mate is ready to come down and buy it for £500 bud my mobile is 07769154840
I tried contacting Ed once I collected it and nothing. No reply to emails, texts and voice mails with the phone going straight to answer phone. I contacted Madmark and he suggested Ed's got something else so to put it on eBay.

I have read engine codes and I have 12 - MAF, 34 - Needle lift sensor and 47 - Crank Position sensor

Prior to selling the car I had no fault codes, so it may well be that the chap has swapped these out. Should that be the case I'll have a good look at the area to see if there's any evidence of tampering/removal. If I feel he's swapped out components I'll contact the police and report him. It seems unlikely all these components would fail at the same time.

Last edited by brettgilbert77; 27-08-2014 at 21:55. Reason: Changed my mind, think I might get police involved
Old 27-08-2014, 21:58   #42
jims-terrano

Ahh well sounds like the buyer has got something else so just move on then I guess.

Well you should be able to see if those parts have been tampered with. Im sure there was a member on here that found a cheap alternative for the ckp sensor. The lift sensor is usually number 1 injector I think and is an expensive part. You could simply spray some contact cleaner on the maf before replacing the whole item.

Best of luck
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2014, 21:58   #43
AlexD333

I hate to say it...
Old 27-08-2014, 22:07   #44
brettgilbert77

I'll be having a very close look tomorrow at those parts. A MAF is only £20 or so, UJ £25ish. But then if I can see he's swapped them out I'll not contact him, I'll just turn up at his house with the police and have him arrested for fraud, no skin off my nose.
Would've been happy to have had the car back if it was just the fault's he'd mentioned, but if he's scamming me he'll soon be very sorry.
Old 27-08-2014, 22:41   #45
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

if you can get a maf for £20 please do not bother, it will be rubbish, the cheapest reliable one will be £70 plus and not Nissan badged, if you want the info I will have to look it up but it has been on here so a search may sort it, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote