Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 09-02-2019, 03:31   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Exclamation Got a bit of Insomnia tonight - found this on U-Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBrUrgNf5y8

Some interesting ideas & prototypes here !
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 00:29   #2
macabethiel

Default Insomnia / night cough / breathlessness is back !

Well after about 4 nights of virtually no sleep am thinking it might be caused by some medication I am on its called Losartan, have been on it for 9 months.

Had to come off Ramipril after 7 years for the same side effect. Skipped a dose tonight but too early to know if that is a fix as the drug takes a week or more to be removed from the body.

Going to see the Quack on Monday morning to see what he thinks
Old 10-02-2019, 02:19   #3
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post
Well after about 4 nights of virtually no sleep am thinking it might be caused by some medication I am on its called Losartan, have been on it for 9 months.

Had to come off Ramipril after 7 years for the same side effect. Skipped a dose tonight but too early to know if that is a fix as the drug takes a week or more to be removed from the body.

Going to see the Quack on Monday morning to see what he thinks
I'm on Ramipril, which I take first thing in the morning, but I am also on Amatripalin to try to relax the muscles, which I have to take 3 before I go to bed... No problem sleeping with them, I pass out cold... Only problem is, I go into such a deep sleep, I literally do not move, so I wake up with dead arms, and legs, if I fall asleep on one side or the other.
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:55   #4
macabethiel

Thumbs up Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy-Ferret View Post
I'm on Ramipril, which I take first thing in the morning, but I am also on Amatripalin to try to relax the muscles, which I have to take 3 before I go to bed... No problem sleeping with them, I pass out cold... Only problem is, I go into such a deep sleep, I literally do not move, so I wake up with dead arms, and legs, if I fall asleep on one side or the other.
That is very interesting, my Ramipril was quite a low dose and when my cough started they increased the dose twice making it much worse until the penny dropped.

I assume you mean Amitriptyline - although developed initially for MH issues it is also used with great effect as a catalyst in quite low doses to amplify the effectiveness of other drugs including pain killers & chronic nerve pain. Wendy took it for about 18 months when she had post surgery pain - she was very anti the drug at first due to its MHA associations but I did some research on its newer use as a accelerant / catalyst. This convinced her, it did the trick. She also found the deep sleep side effect.
Old 10-02-2019, 15:25   #5
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post
That is very interesting, my Ramipril was quite a low dose and when my cough started they increased the dose twice making it much worse until the penny dropped.

I assume you mean Amitriptyline - although developed initially for MH issues it is also used with great effect as a catalyst in quite low doses to amplify the effectiveness of other drugs including pain killers & chronic nerve pain. Wendy took it for about 18 months when she had post surgery pain - she was very anti the drug at first due to its MHA associations but I did some research on its newer use as a accelerant / catalyst. This convinced her, it did the trick. She also found the deep sleep side effect.
Thats it, Amitriptyline, dyslexia and medicine spelling really don't go together.

The doctor spent an age explaining to me about their use in MH, and was very surprised that I had no idea what she was talking about. Have to say that once they started working, they are pretty good. I had to start on 1 for 2 weeks to give them a chance to get into the system, but it did not seem to do anything, so stepped up to 2, same thing, but then 3 and it was "good night Vienna" and as long as I don't sleep in a bad position, I wake up feeling a lot better for a few hours.

I started on one blood pressure tablet (can't remember the name) but I was getting really bad dizzy spells, so after a couple of months they changed me to 10mg of this one, but I kept fainting, so they reduced the dose to 5mg, which seems a lot better, now I only get dizzy spells when I mess up taking my tablets and get out of sync.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote