View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 16:43   #10
terranosaurusdoug
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2000 Terrano lwb 2.7TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Had a cracking day today a Piccadilly wood, sadly the young lad I trusted the camera to only actually took one pic out of a possible 40 or 50, guess he did not press the button hard enough, here is that pic, guy slid into the rut and roof hit tree hard, I winched him side ways but nasty roof damage.

Got loads dash cam but will take time to process that before I post on YouTube.

My new Dyneema well that is something else, we put it to extreme test today and it came through with flying colours, it is 36 mtrs long 9mm diameter with an 8200Kg breaking load and fits on the drum with room to spare, as well as being sheathed throughout it's entire length, making it virtually impenetrable by dirt, and after being in the crap all day just washed off with just a hose down, the only down side it is almost twice the price of regular rope but so far I am more than happy, and I might add the guy on one pull did not position the rope on a block correctly and as I started the pull it jammed between pulley and side plate, I thought it has to be damaged, it was so jammed it took tools to twist the side plates open to release it, and wait for it, no damage at all, so this is the rope for me no question, Rick
That's some good feedback/info of the rope Rick, I think mine is 10mm with only a couple of meters sheathed, sounds like your sheathing did it's job!!
Apparently they are quite easy to splice back together if they snap, can do it with a biro pen
terranosaurusdoug is offline   Reply With Quote