View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 21:21   #8
kitchenman
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: maverick 1994 2.7 TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Not being able to "feel" it myself I am guessing but it could just be the indent ball and springs not doing their job, easy fix.

Re your clutch it is fine, Rick
Thanks Rick it is the whine in 3rd that worries me

tell me more about the easy fix

Jumping out of 1st is new, about a month or two, jumps out on take off, second try stays in

Jumping out of second on overrun has been there for years

getting down into 2nd on the move almost impossible, been like that a year or two, either grateing or feels like stick is up against a stop. pumping clutch while fulling back on stick sometime gets 2nd, but by then it is crawling

I would like to keep it but the transmission shop said it is on its last legs that was early 2020 I think, may have been 2019, I do not do much mileage about 1,000 a year according to the MOT cert 2020, 137,151
2019, 136,356,
2018 135,326.
When we spoke on phone about it was soon after seeing the transmission guy, I think I messaged you about it the same time

I have worked on cars most of my life so should be able to handle the indent problem

I have a copy of the PDF manual somewhere, I think the link to the download fell over a year or two ago, I have not looked to see if it is fixed

Hopefully you have the answer for me and Mav and me can spend some more years together

Rick I just looked up messages, we were messaging Decender 2019

Last edited by kitchenman; 16-06-2021 at 21:24. Reason: left a bit out
kitchenman is offline   Reply With Quote