View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 22:47   #10
kitchenman
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: maverick 1994 2.7 TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Do not worry about the whine it will go on for years, the indent balls and springs are accessible from inside the motor, remove the gaiter etc and you should see a housing on top of the box that unbolts, cannot remember very well but it is doable from the top, just stuff plenty small bits of rag in all holes so if you drop something it will not disappear into the box cos that would be a disaster, think iIrc that you will need a small magnet to remove the springs and balls, check the springs are not broken/weak and the balls are good and round, think one might be a round ended short rod but not sure, Rick
Thanks for the update Rick, I will have a look at that on Saturday, welder looking at Mav Friday

OK the gaiter is off and I can see down, where is this housing in relation to the stick? radiator is 12 o'clock ish sort of thing

I will message Zac, he has a spare box, ask him to take pics for me

I have a week to fix it, I do not need it until Monday week when I have a worktop job

Perhaps I will not tempt Murphy, I will find the Housing ASAP then do the work once the worktop job is done. That way if it all goes pear shaped I will not let a customer down. I don't do much work now, so the next job if it comes in can wait.

Thanks again for your update

Last edited by kitchenman; 16-06-2021 at 22:51. Reason: spelling
kitchenman is offline   Reply With Quote