Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 15-07-2021, 09:06   #16
Fez_uk
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Maverick 2.7 - Patrol 4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat21 View Post
So you're happy for folks with no underlying health conditions to lock themselves away to protect those with health conditions?
If we continue with this you do realise this is forever don't you?
Yep I am it's only 10 days currently and I can see that number being lowered. (I think 10 days is too long if you have had a neg test btw).

If my mate turned up to a meet and said or kept it to himself that the app told him to isolate I wouldn't be happy, They won't know my plans who I'm going to see in the days afterwards? Maybe my gran, or a elderly neighbour?

And it won't be forever.
Fez_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2021, 10:23   #17
Bat21
Administrator

Vehicle: Tonka Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fez_uk View Post
Yep I am it's only 10 days currently and I can see that number being lowered. (I think 10 days is too long if you have had a neg test btw).

If my mate turned up to a meet and said or kept it to himself that the app told him to isolate I wouldn't be happy, They won't know my plans who I'm going to see in the days afterwards? Maybe my gran, or a elderly neighbour?

And it won't be forever.
We have been living with corona viruses for centuries. If this is what we are told it is then it won't be going away

The only way out of this enforced tyranny is for everyone to stop acquiescing.... it's as simple as that.
Bat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2021, 09:57   #18
One Foot in the Gravy

Vehicle: 2004 LWB Terrano 2.7 SE

Yeah, I totally get the reason for locking everything down when it first kicked off, and I think it was the right choice to make. But now I think we need to trust people to use their common sense.

In the past, if I had a cold or felt like crap, I stayed at home, I'd cancel any plans I had, and I certainly wouldn't go and visit any of my older relatives until I knew I was better. I didn't need an app to tell me to do it!

And if someone came into the office with snot streaming our their nose, they would get shouted at by everyone else until they buggered off home so they didn't spread it to their colleagues.

We have gone through the worst of it now, everyone who wants a vaccination has had the chance to get one, this virus isn't going anywhere, it's just another one to add to the list of others that have been around for years.
One Foot in the Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 02:01   #19
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs up

Quote:
We have been living with corona viruses for centuries. If this is what we are told it is then it won't be going away

The only way out of this enforced tyranny is for everyone to stop acquiescing.... it's as simple as that.
Where has that bit of information come from "We have been living with corona virus for centuries or do you mean not the COVID 19 variant & it's recent mutations?

It was interesting watching the news yesterday when Lisa Shaws widow told his emotional story about her dying of blood clots related to the Astra Zenica jab. The very rare side effect being blood platelets that formed clots also lowering the count - hospital staff had no established treatment for her situation.
It mentioned in passing that a similar rare side effect has been found in the use of Heparin that is a blood thinning agent that has the opposite effect in some rare cases causing your own immune system to attack the Heparin and form clots!

I had to self inject Heparin for 28 days last November when I had a kidney removed due to a malignant encapsulated tumour. I hated self injecting but strangely enough it got easier as the days went on. I was never told that Heparin can be fatal in very rare cases!

That said the Anesthetist did tell me there was a 30% chance I would die in surgury or have a debilitating heart attack or stroke. In the recovery room after the procedure I was told I had a heart episode that lasted 3 seconds until my heart started to beat again unassisted.

I consider myself lucky to still be alive & in good enough health that I am able to rebuilding a Honda CB400/4 (ongoing project) & go fishing. Life is often about weighing up the odds - I've had the Pfizer jabs with no ill effects.

I put my faith in our excellent NHS that has got me through Hodkin's Lyphoma twice when I was 39 & 41. Two heart attacks & 9 stents later I'm still around (73) to testify what a great NHS we have.

I firmly put my faith in "the science" and maybe (only just a maybe) a positive attitude to life. I'm not a "the glass is half full person" or "the glass is half empty" type of person - I'm an engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.lol.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 02:19   #20
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Sorry Mac but current science is crap, you are being manipulated, but not me, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2021, 06:01   #21
Bat21
Administrator

Vehicle: Tonka Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post
Where has that bit of information come from "We have been living with corona virus for centuries or do you mean not the COVID 19 variant & it's recent mutations?.....
It is common knowledge that humans have lived with corona viruses for a very long time. Covid19 is allegedly a variation of a corona virus, it is not the big bad boogy man we have been lead to believe it is.

Sorry to hear about you on going health conditions, you clearly have a great positive outlook on life which I'm sure is helping you get through it all.

I had a 500/4 and 2 750/4's. I had one of the original 1970 ones (BYT 6H), if I hadn't have broken it it 1979 it would be worth a fortune now.
Bat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2021, 00:53   #22
macabethiel

Quote:
It is common knowledge that humans have lived with corona viruses for a very long time. Covid19 is allegedly a variation of a corona virus, it is not the big bad boogy man we have been lead to believe it is.

Sorry to hear about you on going health conditions, you clearly have a great positive outlook on life which I'm sure is helping you get through it all.

I had a 500/4 and 2 750/4's. I had one of the original 1970 ones (BYT 6H), if I hadn't have broken it it 1979 it would be worth a fortune now.
Yes the 500/4 & 750/4 fetch really good money. In reality my 400/4 rebuild will like most vehicle restorations be a labour of love that looses money. At present I've spent just shy of £1000.00 on the engine alone with new shells all round, rebore, seals drive rubbers, clutch etc. I'm hoping my cylinder head refurb is going to be just a basic decoke & valve grind.

I do not think Covid 19 is a big bad boogy man - it's a virus that really does kill here in the UK and has killed people all over the world.

A friend of mine lost his wife to Covid 19 in March 2020 her only underlying health issue was she had been marginally overweight all her life.

Sure it is mainly fatal to folk over the age of 70 - when you are in your 70's with what should be another good ten years of life ahead of you you might re-assess it's threat as very real indeed.
Old 19-07-2021, 22:49   #23
solarman216
Off road maniac

Hong Kong flue in the late 60's took 80,000 lives in the UK, when you compare that with todays population the number that have died to Covid 19 is about the same, so what did we do in the 60's? we carried on as normal and natural immunity ensued, we did not ruin the country, problem we have today is global communications spread fear like wildfire, our medical profession think they are able to fight it, they cannot, nature will take control so just live with it, more people have died over the same period due to other reasons than ever they have due to Covid, stop being blindfolded and live your life, I do, Rick
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
Old 19-07-2021, 23:24   #24
macabethiel

Talking Covid Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Hong Kong flue in the late 60's took 80,000 lives in the UK, when you compare that with todays population the number that have died to Covid 19 is about the same, so what did we do in the 60's? we carried on as normal and natural immunity ensued, we did not ruin the country, problem we have today is global communications spread fear like wildfire, our medical profession think they are able to fight it, they cannot, nature will take control so just live with it, more people have died over the same period due to other reasons than ever they have due to Covid, stop being blindfolded and live your life, I do, Rick

I had Hong Kong Flu sometime around 1973 I was bed ridden for a week with a fever like temperature.

I do not remember Hong Kong Flu filling our hospitals with folk who had difficulty breathing. Not sure what the age demographics were at the time.

I assume Rick you have refused the Covid 19 Innoculation then ?
Old 19-07-2021, 23:33   #25
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabethiel View Post

I assume Rick you have refused the Covid 19 Innoculation then ?
Of course, I am not an idiot, my natural immune defence is second to none, mental attitude beats all, Rick
Old 19-07-2021, 23:50   #26
solarman216
Off road maniac

Also look at the number of beds available then compared to now and you will see why the NHS was not overwhelmed, Rick
Old 21-07-2021, 10:56   #27
macabethiel

Default Risk of not having the free vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
Of course, I am not an idiot, my natural immune defence is second to none, mental attitude beats all, Rick
I sincerely hope you do not catch Covid 19 like some anti-vaxxers in the USA & elsewhere who have sadly died from the virus.

Of course you will probably dismiss this as fake news Rick. lol
Old 21-07-2021, 12:30   #28
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

I'll be honest, I only started this thread because I was sulking that I couldn't go off roading.

Everyone has their own personal beliefs and choices and we're not all perfect, who am I to judge.....

I didn't think we'd be a few pages deep by now, embroiled in politics and Hong Kong Flu

It is interesting how a non car related topic musters so many replies but anything Terrano related these days just sees to pass by

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2021, 13:37   #29
Flying Torquewrench

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol Y61 2.8TD

As you say Zac, everybody is entitled to their own views but to imply that people who had the vaccine are idiots is not very helpful.

I respect Rick’s choice not to have the vaccine but not everybody had the same luxury. For me personally, having the vaccine allows me to go and finally visit my family who I haven’t seen for 21 months!! Without the vaccine I would be forced to quarantine and I haven’t got the time off work for that.
Flying Torquewrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2021, 20:25   #30
solarman216
Off road maniac

I was not implying that all that have had the vaccine are idiots anyone that feels it is right for them then go ahead, I am sorry that it came across that way, I was just stating that I do my own thing, always have and always will, I will never have any Vax and do not take pills of any description, Rick