Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 02-10-2007, 23:00   #1
SteveN
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan Mistral
Default I'm still about !!!!!

Hello everyone,

Not posted here for ages ops: but as usual been very busy, and nothing has gone wrong with the truck so haven't needed to ask :smile:

In fact I am so pleased with the truck instead of changing my old Merc van for another one I am seriously considering buying another Mistral and a trailer for work. They really are a great workhorse and without doubt the best thing I have used for towing in a long time.

The Mistral has done some work now and about 3000miles since I bought it.Several times it has had to pull a trailer out of a muddy field or slippery park and has been worth its weight in gold.

Been very busy, but now nearly finished restoring a childrens roundabout that I bought off of Ebay this time last year. I knew it was an old one but after some research it looks like it was built in 1895 and is one of only two sets that survive from this particular manufacturer. if anyone is interested I will post a picture of it in the gallery.

If you have a Mistral for sale at a reasonable price try giving me a shout you never know I might just be tempted !!

cheers
STEVE
SteveN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:03   #2

I don't want to buy your Mistral, but would be interested in the pictures of the roundabout. I like the old fairground rides and such.

Have you thought about a terrano commercial for work, its a 3Litre diesel van.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:35   #3
jims-terrano

Cameraman bet me to it. I would love to see a piccy or two. As for the 3 litre Terrano, an ex member has one and loves it.

Jim T
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano
As for the 3 litre Terrano, an ex member has one and loves it.

Jim T
So does the editor of 4x4 mag and he swears by it, hes a died in the wool landy man at that too.
Old 03-10-2007, 15:25   #5
theduck

Yes some pics in the gallery would be good as for a mistral sorry can't help BUT look in the mechanical section of the forums under aproject for a mechanically minded person ............... let me know if you want to make a close offer :?:

regards

Dave the duck
theduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 15:36   #6
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

ditto, i would like to see pics of the roundabout!

I tried a T2 and trailer for work rather than a van but it didnt work out for me, as the combination was a bit cumbersom in small spaces and used a fair bit more fuel.

have you considered keeping your old Maverick and adding a trailer just to try it out to see if it is for you before commiting to a new vehicle?
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 22:15   #7
SteveN

Hello everyone,

Yep I had thought about a terrano van, but I could do with the extra seats sometimes, we have a few staff to move about at some of our busier places, and the Mistrals are very cheap considering what you get for the money. The wife loves driving the one we already have which will be used more for towing next year. That leaves my old Merc van which as most of them do has rusted away so badly that it is beyond reasonable repair. The plan is to replace the van with another Mistral and a ten foot trailer, this will be used for the peak of our season when we do a lot of school fetes where access is limited and the occasional trip with the old roundabout for private parties etc. I was thinking about blacking out the rear windows and letting a mate of mine, who has a graphics company, loose on it. With perhaps a picture of the roundabout on the spare wheel cover, i know I have seen places that offer to put your own picture on spare wheel covers but cannot think where at the moment.

I will start a thread in the pub chat forum just to give you the brief story of the roundabout and sort out a before and after picture for the gallery.

cheers
STEVE
Old 03-10-2007, 22:47   #8
jace

what about a navara double cab seats 5 (small adults to be fair) and bitoe room in back for say generators? i love mine !
Old 03-10-2007, 23:50   #9
SteveN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
what about a navara double cab seats 5 (small adults to be fair) and bitoe room in back for say generators? i love mine !
That might just about blow the budget wide open Jace 8O 8O :

cheers
STEVE
Old 04-10-2007, 08:42   #10
jace

you may be suprised at the prices 2nd hand mine was under 7k 5yrs old with 2k engine rebuild spent probibly another two on bits bobs soon mounts up and catches u out as does mrs tongue when he sorts through receipts lol
Old 04-10-2007, 20:54   #11
SteveN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
and catches u out as does mrs tongue when he sorts through receipts lol
Been there a few times right enough 8O

cheers
STEVE
Old 04-10-2007, 21:07   #12
jace

i got colared she dont mind so much when i spend few grand but i just had to have this one then winch bumper i was getting uprated 2" springs for back when she went through receipts cor blimey did i cop it lol