Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

View Poll Results: Should we have a events Committee
Yes 13 65.00%
No 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 20:45   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
All ideas welcome positive or negative, just so long as we don’t argue over it.
Its nice that this thread has been an adult discussion over things whithout silly comments.

Thank you to all who have posted so far, lets keep it sensible.
Old 11-06-2007, 22:28   #32
eclipse
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Thanks camerman.

I have been very curious since joining the club, I see a regular group of people posting in the club but the group is very small in relation to how many people belong to the club.

I realise that not all that join do so for the right reasons and just dont bother coming back however this can not be over 200 - 300 people, where are you all, why are you not posting on some thing that is realevent to you as it is your club.

what are you getting out of your club if you are not being involved in it, if you are reading this and you are a member why just read it, why not reply and have your say? if you are not a member, join up and help us and have some fun.

I have belonged to a couple of forums but have never seen so little input from its vast majority of members, those that have replied, thank you, those that havent, say high and make your thoughts known. :smile: :wink:

Thanks
Tel
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 16:41   #33
Tubbs

Vehicle: patrol 3.0

youre right Tel all these members and we got 25 outfits at the national rally and there is only about a dozen CORE members that join in the things at this club so i dont know what we do wrong
Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 22:46   #34
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

that so right Tubbs unfortunately, maybe us established members need to do more at local level. Again the rest of us could take a leaf out of your book or indeed Mav's arranging an event based around your home which is extremely generous.

It might be a (inter)national club but the regions need to do more to bring members together, as fuel costs ever rise not all want to go so far.

another thought, and subject to individuals privacy of course is to post when and where heading on holiday on basis could meet up casually with other members for a natter.

guess bit like when you, dave and steve were at filey, we were at scarborough and met up, on same trip thanks to club stickers met another member (jack vilna) at a car boot.. and so on..

finally i dont think it matters what we do or how we do it as long as we get out there and welcome new members on board. day trips or weekends, camping or 'vanning, basic or all amenities, even b&b what ever you and your family need. green laning or picnic on a green its about clubbing together for fun.
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 23:04   #35
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

It's the same in almost all clubs. People join for different reasons. In th eclassic car scene people join cos being a member of a club can save you on your insurance, other people join purely for technical help or whatever. I used to hep run a monthly regional meet for an international car club and could spend hours on the phone calling members before the meeting to see if I could get a few more along. It was a thankless task with barely any results.

On that subject how about regional social get togethers, a drink and a chat anyone tried that, from one of those perhaps more regionally based activities could be organised.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 11:02   #36
eclipse

I am glad to see the whole club (all 19 of us) have responded to this :roll: :

Any way, after seeing the reponse I now have to ask the question, is it worth while putting a committee together as it seems there are not enough members to organise anything for :?:

Shame
Old 14-06-2007, 11:54   #37
jace

down feel down hearted mate ! how does that compare to some other clubs ? some cold be honoured at 19 u never know!
Old 14-06-2007, 12:37   #38
robobone

Vehicle: 1997 maverick gls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
I am glad to see the whole club (all 19 of us) have responded to this :roll: :

Any way, after seeing the reponse I now have to ask the question, is it worth while putting a committee together as it seems there are not enough members to organise anything for :?:

Shame
if you look at all these types of polls the response is always the same a low turn out on votes. and it is always the same groups normally who vote or have anything to say

question is how many of the 12 would help in organising the big rally?
robobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2007, 12:50   #39
jace

how many helped u last time? three or four main people werent it an few those now left?
Old 14-06-2007, 22:33   #40
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

sorry like said before we had a committee, it was formed from area reps and moderators, sadly it was unmanageable and dissolved.

also as said anyone can, and with help available, organise an event. its a year or more til next big 'un but no reason why we cant have more mini meets which could be as casual and imprompto as necessary.

why not give one ago, or tie up with another member to create a themed meet be it a day, weekend or whatever takes your fancy.

'60' 2010 Ford C Max Zetec 1.6i, black

'56' 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0TD, silver

2021 Bailey Pegasus Grade SE Turin caravan

Smile, its more likely to confuse.

One Life, Don't Just Live It, Drive a Nissan, or ...... a Jeep.

Owner of Nissan 4x4s 2005 to 2019, and maybe in the future too!
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 02:48   #41
eclipse

Sadly cant do a lot for a few weeks as I still have a bust wrist and wont know until 21st if it is OK, will have a serious think after that if there is anything we can organsie.
Old 15-06-2007, 07:27   #42
robobone

Vehicle: 1997 maverick gls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jace
how many helped u last time? three or four main people werent it an few those now left?
dave mud , fingers tubbs and muzz were the main organisers with small bits of help from others
robobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2007, 16:07   #43
eclipse

and They worked ruddy hard doing it so we could all enjoy it, once again we say thank you :smile: