Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

View Poll Results: Should we have a events Committee
Yes 13 65.00%
No 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2007, 10:40   #1
eclipse
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Default Events committee

Although I realise that the end decision will be up to the big bosses, as a growing club I thought we could post as to whether it would be good to have a ongoing events committee.

Yeigh or Neigh

These could be involved in organising other events through the year.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 11:27   #2

Whilst I'm neither for nor against committes it must not be forgot that:

Any member is free to organise and run a club event.

Many members have done in the past and hopefully will in the future.

There are many people behind the scenes who can offer help and encourgement to organisers, although they themselves may not be able to attend.

I think that Mav has enough to do with the up keep and running of the site, without organising events too.

Having met lots of members of this club, i know that many of you are more than able to organise events, with or without help.

How many are you thinking of for the committe, and how will it be chaired and run etc. This has been tried in ther past and was difficult to organise and run due to being internet based.

I have voted No as i don't think a committe will work, however, I do belive that one dedicated person who can delegate some responsibility out can make it work.

I look forward to other views on this.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:45   #3
eclipse

Quote:
I think that Mav has enough to do with the up keep and running of the site, without organising events too.
Thanks Cameraman, the above is one of the reasons I thought this would be a good idea to take some of the stress away from him.

As you have been with the club a long while and have much more experience to this your points are very valid, I was thinking that the small committee (2 or 3) would be able to plan out and arrange the mini meets not just the days out, we could probably hold more than one big meet per year.

We could hold hold short weekend events, one day off roading, camp/caravan overnight then have a Barbie or some thing the next day.

If there are any specific charity events this could be dealt with.

At the end of the day every one may disagree with the idea, I just thought it may be an idea to try and help the club grow and with more events get closer together.

I have also learnt recently that the club has a lot of members that do not want to take their vehicles off road so a few more club weekends may be good for them, those of us that love going off road could make more than a day of it.

Just trying to help, looking forward to see what every one thinks, those of us that belong to the club but have very little input, this may be your chance to say what you would like to see from the club.

Tel :smile:
Old 10-06-2007, 12:58   #4
jace

i gave it a yes as few lads are trying to do this already and every little helps !( and i dare say there better halfs doing just as much !)
Old 10-06-2007, 18:18   #5
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

I am no big fan of 'comittes' ar a principal but the idea of few people taking responsibiity for delegated 'chunks' of a particular event is a good un!

though one comittee for every event may be a bit unmanagable i.e, a comittee from essex organising events in the midlands doesnt seem to make thayt much sense.

so my vote is for events comitees rather than a comitee

:wink:
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 18:28   #6
robobone

Vehicle: 1997 maverick gls

i voted yes but i do feel that the word commitee is getting out of hand

definition Though based on american version

A group of Members established in both houses of Congress for the purpose of considering legislation, conducting investigations, and other duties as assigned.

basicaly a group who get together to discuss what is the best way forward

i dont think there should be a commitee to organise all the events just the rally as it is suppose to be the biggest event
the way of indivdual members organizing local events is the best way to go as it means that "commitee"organising the rally can get on with that
robobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 20:06   #7
mr-gadget

I do think there should be a committee and voted this way,

It would take pressure off guys like mav,

everyone who wants to organise something would know where to go for help getting a rally etc off the ground.

The committee could then keep the diary of events and would be able to prevent events clashing, so there were not 2 events on the same day etc.

Perhaps there could be committee member for each region?? maybe south, Midlands, north west, north east, etc saves on member being overrun, also each member knows their own region best.

the meets could be broken down into regions as well and have their own section and page on the website.

Well the membership is rising fairly fast these days...

Just a thought....
mr-gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 21:25   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-gadget
I do think there should be a committee and voted this way,

It would take pressure off guys like mav,

everyone who wants to organise something would know where to go for help getting a rally etc off the ground.

The committee could then keep the diary of events and would be able to prevent events clashing, so there were not 2 events on the same day etc.

Perhaps there could be committee member for each region?? maybe south, Midlands, north west, north east, etc saves on member being overrun, also each member knows their own region best.

the meets could be broken down into regions as well and have their own section and page on the website.

Well the membership is rising fairly fast these days...

Just a thought....
But we do keep a diary of events, both admin and myself monitor this, and events can be submitted via the home page or through the forums "forthcoming events" . Quite a simple system and easily managed.

We also had regional reps and it didn't work. To an extent we still have an informal arrangement of regional reps, details can be found under "contact us" on home page.
Old 10-06-2007, 23:31   #9
ern1e

Vehicle: ford maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK
though one comittee for every event may be a bit unmanagable i.e, a comittee from essex organising events in the midlands doesnt seem to make thayt much sense.
Plank is this a dig at me i.e Essex, or just a example?

When i was a kid i loved camping with my family we were part of a club called eccc and they had committee there was members that run things like sports for the kids and raffle at night etc, etc,
but that was then,
We needed members that would be there to see it all come together,

I m more then happy to go up north too scout for sites,
Send me a pm of where they are and a number and i will give them a call.

ern1e
ern1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:27   #10
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

I suggest that this club needs more events rather than getting distracted by 1 main event.

Please dont take me wrong but I wonder how many are familiar with organising events previously, perhaps for other clubs and associations. Whilst I haven't I will suggest that over in the Caravan Club there are regional centres typically based on counties. Ours is South Yorkshire and they have a full calender of weekends and even a few holiday rallies. These are organised by an individual family/couple with one or more 'assistant marshalls'. The events have to be booked with the land owner the November before the following season so a Centre Brocheure can be printed and distributed to attract attendees. Most events are within 20 miles of home, in nearby counties, with local attractions and shopping, a few have themes, fishing, sports days, discos etc.

The rallies themselves are often quite simple affairs, being caravanners everyone is expected to have their own loo facilities, and generally be able to survive a weekend on gas n' battery though many do have a genny there are rules on the usage so others can enjoy some peace :wink: self catering is the general rule though a group bbq or supper may be laid on. dry waste is taken home too typically. though the field will have somewhere to empy the grey and black water.

Simple = cheaper = more attend
more events -> better spread of locations = more attend

this club is about friendship, and many strong family tie ups have grown. I would suggest therefore that a couple of members in a locale or already getting on well start mini rallies, these can be simple affairs indeed could be run on commercial sites as a block booking and impromtu social in an awning or two could suffice. these in relative could be claimed to have been more successful and less stressful already ie, blackpool, langdale, spalding.

the midlands are central and easy but could reasonably easy move 50/100 miles in any direction to form more minis. I would suggest that this distance is about the max most will want to do for a regualr weekend factoring in fuel costs and time. with so many members with in an hour or so of brum there should be plenty of possibilites to start ( several smaller ) balls rolling.

members in the our reaches of the country, could start a weekend meet near a holiday period to increase the attendance of those coming further who then could make a week of it as a follow on nearby. or arrange to meet up for a day or evening even if staying elsewhere...

'60' 2010 Ford C Max Zetec 1.6i, black

'56' 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0TD, silver

2021 Bailey Pegasus Grade SE Turin caravan

Smile, its more likely to confuse.

One Life, Don't Just Live It, Drive a Nissan, or ...... a Jeep.

Owner of Nissan 4x4s 2005 to 2019, and maybe in the future too!
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:44   #11
jace

eccc is that ernies camping caravan club lol!
Old 11-06-2007, 10:44   #12
eclipse

Quote:
I suggest that this club needs more events rather than getting distracted by 1 main event
I couldnt agree more :smile:
Old 11-06-2007, 11:52   #13
rossco

Vehicle: NIssan Mistral

After being involved with many 4x4 clubs a event coordinator is the way to go.
If you want to organise an event, you select the date and details and send it to the coordinator who then adds it the event diary/ calendar
The event calendar is on display for everyone to see.

Anyone can organise an event, and yes you can have as many as you like on one day and in different places.
Even just a jaunt down the road and you want company doesn't have to be major outing.

Here is an example of the club I have been involved with.

http://www.ccvc.org.nz/

You get to decide what you want to do and when.
Lets get a calendar running and on display for everyone to see what coming up in your area.
rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 12:02   #14
eclipse

Quote:
Lets get a calendar running and on display for everyone to see what coming up in your area.
We do have a events calender http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk...dar&y=2007&m=6 :smile:
Old 11-06-2007, 12:04   #15
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Quote:
We do have a events calender http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk...dar&y=2007&m=6 :smile:
And it is co-ordinated, by cameraman I think.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote