Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

View Poll Results: Should we have a events Committee
Yes 13 65.00%
No 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 12:10   #16
jace

thats what the man said in his earlier post!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20   #17
eclipse
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

But the events calender dosnt organise the events only shows when they are on, there is just so much more we can do if we had a few people who could look at possible events, it dosnt mean that people cant organise their own.
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 13:03   #18
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

From what is being suggested an events committeee wouldn't organise events either, it would just delegate.

IMHO you can have all the ideas you want but unless someone is prepared to stand up and take responsibility for an event they just won't happen. Take my idea of a greenlaning weekend, i proposed it and am doing the leg work (more on it very soon). That is what is needed people to propose an event, guage opinion and then go out there and get on with it. If you need some help ask, provided the job isn't too big that you're trying to delegate I'm sure someone will volunteer.

I have received a PM form someone who shall remain nameless and apparently I can't have an opinion on the National Rally because I didn't come. However I have to say it did seem overly complicated and overly biased toward the carvanners, the price differential between a pitch for an all the bells and whistles caravan with electric hook up etc and a small 2/3 man tent like I'd use, was pityful.

The extra cost and hassle of generators etc, which those in tents wouldn't use did seem to over complicate matters. There are quite a number of people in the club with caravans, but not as a recent post suggested the majority, it's just that they get discussed a lot for some reason.

I'm going to get shot down in flames for this but it's just my opinion.

Lets at least keep other events simple.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 13:13   #19
jace

i didnt go either but shouldnt stop anyone from oferin help or advice be just same as changing wheel if youve never done it should you never try it! if u do go to a rally and would like electric i have several gernerator to normal house plugs so u could run your tv or anything else u want just let me know cost couple quid to post anywhere in uk id have thought!
Old 11-06-2007, 15:01   #20
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

Just adding that many people in tents do use electric hook ups these days! not just the caravans, and i agree a generator is a pain. It's ok if you organise a good qy=uantity of red diesel and keep it going but wehn it is switched on and off up to 3 times in 5 mins it doesn't do you telly and favours :
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 15:38   #21
jace

8O
Old 11-06-2007, 17:14   #22
Terranosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK
Just adding that many people in tents do use electric hook ups these days! not just the caravans, and i agree a generator is a pain. It's ok if you organise a good qy=uantity of red diesel and keep it going but wehn it is switched on and off up to 3 times in 5 mins it doesn't do you telly and favours :

Thats what I call getting away from it all, real back to basics stuff. -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl- :

When I first thought about the greenlaning weekend my initial thought was to use two separate camp sites and carry all the gear in and on our trucks, but I soon realised that there might not be too many takers for that, another time perhaps.
Old 11-06-2007, 17:23   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse
Quote:
Lets get a calendar running and on display for everyone to see what coming up in your area.
We do have a events calender http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.co.uk...dar&y=2007&m=6 :smile:
And it is co-ordinated, by cameraman I think.
Correct on both counts, but I can only add events when people organise them :wink:
Old 11-06-2007, 17:25   #24
(RIP) PLANK

Quote:
Quote:

Thats what I call getting away from it all, real back to basics stuff. -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl- -rotfl- :
what this soime kind or perverse inverted snobery? you are only camping if you sleepp under a hedge and toilet in the bushes?

Back to basics, geting away from it all, never short of a cliche!
Old 11-06-2007, 17:35   #25

Quote:
When I first thought about the greenlaning weekend my initial thought was to use two separate camp sites and carry all the gear in and on our trucks, but I soon realised that there might not be too many takers for that, another time perhaps.
I had thought of trying that, but honestly thought the up take would be nil. Not for any snobbery or anything, simply because I thought that 2 days lanning maybe too much for most families.

Maybe we could re discuuss this another time or in a seperate thread, maybe there would be more interest than I originally thought.
Old 11-06-2007, 17:41   #26
(RIP) PLANK

Cameraman my snobbery comment was not aimed at you or green laning, there are time when carrying a small tent and camping in a minimalist stlye is great and othere when ou have all the kids etc and are there to be as comfortable as possible. I simply pointed out to Hummingbird that he was wrong to assume tents dont use powere and end up in line for yet more critiscism. I must admit all this back biting is starting to get on my nerves as well now it is in every thread that is started! and none of them ever seem to reach and conclusions just get locked or deleted!

If I P.M points rather than post they dont get replied too so just stuck from all angles i htink i will pack in posting for a while and leave it until it calms down. bye for now!
Old 11-06-2007, 17:46   #27

Sorry Plank, never did I think you were getting at anyone, it was just a harmless comment, mine too. Normally wherever I go, I go in the caravan and always have electric.

Me thinks that all are now a little sensitive at the mo, and I hope things calm down and get back to normal soon. :roll:
Old 11-06-2007, 18:16   #28
Terranosaurus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what this soime kind or perverse inverted snobery? you are only camping if you sleepp under a hedge and toilet in the bushes?

Back to basics, geting away from it all, never short of a cliche!
I was simply trying to say can people not manage without some of these things for just a weekend, perhaps my comment were a little blunt and for that I am sorry. It just seems that at times this club could almost be the caravanners who also own Nissan 4x4s club if you look at some of the posts and that their needs out rank those of others. I am equally sure their are members who would not be seen dead in a tent or a caravan and perhaps that needs addressing too - a national day rather than a weekend perhaps.
Old 11-06-2007, 18:22   #29
mr-gadget

I think some people are a little off topic on ere...

Any way are we going to argue about it or are we going to sort something out with the events committee, It cant be a bad thing, it could also expand the club somewhat, think of the advertising local meets would create!!!
mr-gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 20:19   #30
eclipse

I really don’t think it matters what the group is called, if people don’t like committee then they could just be called club organisers, at the end of the day it could be used to great advantage even advertising for non members to come to events, pay a fee on the first one and if they like the club they could use the fee to pay for club membership, if not it could go towards other club events.

All ideas welcome positive or negative, just so long as we don’t argue over it.

Thanks
Tel
eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote