Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 30-03-2021, 11:35   #1
One Foot in the Gravy
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 2004 LWB Terrano 2.7 SE
Default New Terrano Owner

Hi, I'm new to the world of Terranos (and 4x4 in general).

To cut a long story short, I've never had much need for a car in the last few years, my wife has a car (which we used as the family car) and I used to commute to work on a Vespa, but I did have an old MG TF (that as basically given to me) that I kept for fun but didn't really use.

Then the world went mad about a year ago, so I now work from, my wife has to work different hours, and suddenly I need to start doing school runs!

So the MG went, and I needed something with more than 2 seats. The problem is that I hate (well I'm not fond of) hatchbacks. One in 10 cars you see on the road (in the UK) are bloody hatchbacks and they are all so boring. I decided if I was going to go big, then I was going BIG.

As look would have it a local car dealer was selling a 2004 Terrano II with 97k on the clock and an MOT until September (with no advisories at the last test) and was willing to give me a good price on the MG in part ex.

Knowing nothing about 4x4 I went online to find out a little more about the 4x4 that I'd bought and came across this happy little forum, so I thought I'd join. I do have lots of questions, so I'll try and post them in correct threads, but one thing I'm struggling to find is the correct Wheel Nut Torque? I've found several websites that claim slightly different amounts, if anyone knows what it should be that would be a big help as I'm getting new tyres (Pirrelli Scorpions) on Thursday.

Gravy
One Foot in the Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 11:42   #2
One Foot in the Gravy

Default Also

Also, is there a search function to search for keywords in existing threads? I don't want to be posting questions if I can find the answers already on here
Old 30-03-2021, 12:22   #3
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Hey Buddy

Welcome to the new world!!! Not only do you have some of the best green lanes in the country on your doorstep but also some of the best members too

The forum has gone very quiet of late with the world changing and life unfolding, some people, buying some people getting rid. This isn't your normal type of forum though, I'm on loads and this one is odd....... feels more of a family at times, might be because I've met so so many of these great guys on here, that's pretty rare for a forum.

You've made the right choice mate!!! The 2.7 Terrano takes some stopping

The search is on the bar at the top 3rd from the right but be warned, it sometimes feels like you need a degree to operate it and get meaningful results out of it sometimes

Lets see some pictures of the new machine and hear what you plan to do with it

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 12:23   #4
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Ah!!!! Forgot to mention, you won't have access to the rest of the forum or the search until you have paid your membership, it's £10 for the year, but be warned you'll never leave

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2021, 14:16   #5
One Foot in the Gravy

Hi, and thanks. Yes I think I'll have to look into a paid-up membership, it certainly does seem like a very friendly and active forum.

I don't have any real plans yet. I've always fancied some green-laning, but I imagine that is a quick way to start breaking things!

For now though I just want to get it cleaned u a little. It's not been wahsed properly for a while (lots of green algae around all the seals etc) and it has a couple of minor rust spots that just need a tidy up. The undercarriage is looking rustly too, but I figure that comes with the territory for a 4x4 this ade, so I want to get it up on some axle stands and give it all a good rub down and treatment.

It's getting new tyres later this week, and there is a tiny bit of oil dripping from under the engine somewhere, so I'm hoping I can get the garage to identify where that is coming from and I'll see if it's a potential DIY fix for one weekend.

I also have a new oil filter and fuel filter that came with the van, so I might see about swapping though out at some point too.

Surprisingly though, the interior is in excellent condition. To look at it you wouldn't think it had done almost 100k miles!

One thing I did notice though is that both rear arches have been cut up and re-welded, I'm not sure what that is a sign of? (I'll try and get some pics of the work). I only noticed because the carpet hadn't been fitted back that well, but the work looks to be good.
Old 30-03-2021, 19:03   #6
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Hi and welcome, wheel nuts 100 to 110 ft lbs, rear wheel arches will be due to seat belt points corroded, have a good look round for more especially near body mounts 8 on a LWB 6 on a shorty, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote